FRIDAY MORNING SWIM CLUB
MONTROSE HARBOR // CHICAGO, IL
Over the summer of 2019 while training for the Chicago Triathlon, a couple friends and I would go for Friday morning bike rides along the lake and end with a jump in the lake. It turned into something that I looked forward to every week--such a simple concept that brought us joy. Fast forward a year: My friend Nicole, the owner of Printer's Row Coffee Co in Chicago, thought it could be fun to commit to a weekly jump every Thursday evening. I took inspiration from both last summer's routine and Nicole's Thursday Night Swim Club, and with that, Friday Morning Swim Club was born.
Within a matter of weeks, the group grew from 1 (me, myself, and I--we had a blast) to 8, then from 8 to 15, from 15 to 30, and so on. At the final jump of Season 1, we surpassed 400 people. Friday Morning Swim Club brings people together for the right reasons: genuine community and connection. We jump in the lake, drink coffee, and meet friends of friends. It is, and will remain, that simple.
SWIM CLUB IS:
- a community of swimfluencers who live for genuine community and connection.
- an inclusive space for all bodies--swimmers or not.
- an opportunity to meet like-minded people. If you're into jumping in Lake Michigan at 7am with a group of strangers, chances are you have things in common with said strangers. Find out what those things are.
- a place to drink bomb coffee and cold brew courtesy of Printer's Row Coffee Co. BYOM (Bring Your Own Mug). Preferably your dopest mug.
- a dog friendly space. The more dogs, the merrier. An ideal ratio would be more dogs than humans, but that's unrealistic.
SWIM CLUB IS NOT:
- a space to remain exclusive to your friend group.
- a photography meet-up. If you join, please leave the professional camera and drones at home. Film cameras and iPhone snaps are welcome and encouraged :)
- an opportunity to use a large group of people to pitch your own brand or products.
- All merch orders for Season 1 are available for pick-up at Printer's Row Coffee Co. If you placed an order and still haven't picked it up, please do so asap!
- 'A Summer of Swims', a photojournalistic style coffee book, is available for in-person purchase at Printer's Row Coffee Co (LINK). A limited run of 30 high quality photobooks, 'A Summer of Swims' is the best way to relive the memories of Season 1. The books will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
PHOTOGRAPHY PRINT DETAILS:
- CLICK HERE FOR A LINK TO THE PRINT SHOP.
- Prints are available for purchase at the link here. Just click on the photo(s) you'd like to order, and click the 'BUY' button (or the cart icon) to add it to your cart. Email email@example.com with any questions please!
- When will season 2 start up?
- When Mother Nature deems it warm enough. The latest start date will be Friday, June 3rd.
- When exactly do you jump?
- Meet at 6:45-7:00am and jump shortly after! Around 7:15am usually.
- Where exactly do you meet?
- CLICK HERE FOR A LOCATION PIN.
- Where do I park if I'm driving?
- There is free parking along W Montrose Harbor Dr about a gap wedge's distance away from where we jump. Click here for a location pin of street parking. In other words, it's super close. It's free until 8, then pay-to-park after that.
- "What do I need to bring?"
- Just you, positive vibes, your best lake jump, and your favorite coffee mug if you plan on partaking in the post-swim caffeine. That's it.
If you have additional questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy to help & hope to see you out there for Season 2!